Digital Scientist – Yorkshire
The role is for a private, family-owned U.S. company. Founded in the early 20th century, they currently have a revenue of 4billion pounds plus. The company provides great employee benefits and career progression, matched with an attractive salary.
Job purpose: to perform data analyses to derive insight, patterns and correlations from big data that contains vast amounts of consumer data, store data, product sales data, and other relevant data. You will develop predictive and prescriptive algorithms and conduct data analyses to drive business development and influence strategic business decisions. You will work in a team environment alongside a group of expert data scientists.
- You devise innovative Artificial Intelligence solutions to create value for the company and our Strategic Partners
- You experiment with numerous learning algorithms to apply the best solution.
- You are able to explain the complex algorithms and implementation methods to the business in a clear and simple way.
- You give presentations to internal / external stakeholders on the technical findings and explanations.
- You can be the key point of contact for the business and you are able to give projects the right structure and direction.
- You are proactive in sharing knowledge with your project team & support the upskilling of the team by coaching, mentoring & training more junior Data Scientist
- PhD or MSc in quantitative discipline – Statistics, Physics, Math, Engineering, Economics, Econometrics, Data Science, Computer Science
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Data Scientist.
- You have knowledge of various Machine Learning algorithms such as Classification, Regression, Clustering, Association Rules, Text Mining, Random Forests, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, KNN and K-Means.
- Experience with R/Python & Spark
- Experience deriving insight from structured and unstructured data
- You have an enthusiastic personality and are able to get people headed in the right direction.
- You are familiar with an agile way of working.
- You are driven to keep self-developing and following the latest technologies.
You will be reposting to a great manager who:
- Creates a sense of purpose & direction
- Translates the strategy in meaningful actions
- Knows how to get the best from others
- Sets clear goals and drives results