Anaplan releases Third Quarter financial results
In the last week, Anaplan released their financial results for its fiscal third quarter ending on the 31st October 2018.
Frank Calderoni, the chief executive officer at Anaplan highlighted that for their first quarter as a public company, they are very happy with the results and that it clearly shows Anaplan is a leader within the Connected Planning market.
Anaplan has proven to be a pioneer in the arena of connected planning. Their platform, powered by Hyberblock technology is a dedicated system for connected planning. It enables intelligent, collaborative and sophisticated planning techniques. Large businesses utilise the Anaplan system to integrate data, people and plans, enabling real-time decision-making process and plans in a continuously evolving business environment. Anaplan is situated in San Francisco, with 20 global offices, 175 partners and over 1,000 worldwide customers.
Calderoni explains that their customers have emphasised how much they value the platform for faster and more efficient decision-making. The CEO also states that their customers continue to support Anaplan’s innovative plans within other businesses.
Financial results for Anaplan: Third Quarter 2019
- Total revenue reached $62.0 million, an overall increase of 40% year-over-year. Revenue from subscriptions exceeded $54 million, marking a 42% increase year-over-year.
- Calculated billings hit $72.0 million, representing a 43% increase year-over-year
- The GAAP operating loss was just over $37 million, equating to 60% of total revenue, compared to $10 million loss in the same period for 2018, the equivalent of 23% total revenue. Non-GAAP operating loss exceeded $18 million or 29.5% of total revenue, compared to $8 million in the same period for 2018, which matched 18% of total revenue.
The financial outlook for Anaplan
Anaplan has released guidance notes for its final quarter for 2019 and the full fiscal year for 2019. The total revenue for the final quarter of 2019 is expected to exceed $63 million with the non-GAAP operating margin forecast to be negative 33%. The full year fiscal period for 2019 figures show total revenue of $235 million and a non-GAAP operating margin standing at negative 34%.
Recent Developments at Anaplan
- Anaplan has recently announced the release of the IFRS 17 General insurance application created in an exclusive collaboration with Deloitte.
- Anaplan confirmed a new partnership with Wipro to create a one-click on-premise to be implemented to the cloud-based Anaplan system.
- Anaplan made the Forbes 2018 CLoud 100 for the third year running and was also named in the Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 TM list of Fastest Growing Companies.