As a company operating within the logistics & supply chain industry. They are seeking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our team. You will also define architecture requirements and create viable specifications of the processes and systems.
You will design and develop integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. You need to take account of relevant architectures, strategies, and policies.
What you will do:
• Collaborate with those in charge of architectural communication in all areas to have an impact on business divisions.
• Effectively communicate all important architectural news to the architectural community
• Analyse public events pertaining to IT architecture and bring them to the attention of team members
• Creating and implementing data collection strategies. Data Engineers own and extend the company’s data pipeline by collecting, storing, processing, and transforming large datasets.
• Defining integrative data views: These views will bring together data from various domains. You will collaborate with businesspeople, data engineers, and application designers to identify and model these integrative views, as well as to determine the quality of service requirements — data currency, availability, response times, and data volumes.
• Analysing business and system requirements to determine the best data strategy for meeting them.
You can expect to use:
• Azure related Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS)
• Fundamental Data Modelling experience on enterprise level
• Solid Python Programming
• Outstanding knowledge of SQL, procedural SQL (PL/SQL & T-SQL)
• Extract load transform (ELT) process
• Data architect experience
What you should have:
• A number of years within software engineering or Data Engineering with relevant qualifications in IT field
• Experience in the field of Business Systems Analysis, Business Performance and Analysis
• Experience in Business, Data, Technical Architecture and leveraging tools
• Exposure to a Cloud-driven platform. Azure, GCP, AWS
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience with Data Management technologies
• Proven ability to manage non-direct reports to achieve results and to work in a multi-cultural multi-functional environment where consensus is critical for success.
Consultant: Alfie Willis